Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Beth Lipton left her role as food director at Health. She had been with the publication since 2013 and previously worked for All You, Quick & Simple, People and CNET.
- CisionScoop: POLITICO States hired reporter Danielle Muoio to cover energy and environment in New York and New Jersey, effective Nov. 27. She previously reported for Business Insider.
- ABC News promoted Wendy Fisher to the role of executive editor of news content. She was previously the director of domestic news coverage and deputy managing editor before that.
- Rebecca Berg joined CNN as a full-time political reporter after working as a political analyst for the network since June 2016. She has previously covered politics for RealClearPolitics, Washington Examiner and BuzzFeed.
- Splinter is bidding farewell to editor in chief Dodai Stewart at the end of November. She assumed this position in 2016 and held previous roles as executive editor and director of cultural coverage. Before joining Splinter (previously Fusion.net), Stewart was deputy editor at Jezebel.
- Musician and performer Eve Jeffers Cooper has been named the newest host of CBS’s daytime talk show, The Talk. She appeared as a guest host earlier this month.
- The Washington Post announced a promotion on its politics team. Former deputy national politics editor Peter Wallsten is now the senior politics editor. Before joining the paper as White House correspondent in 2010, Wallsten worked at The Wall Street Journal and the Los Angeles Times.
- On Nov. 27, Vox will welcome A.J. Chavar as a senior news producer. He is currently a journalist with The New York Times. Vox is a publication aimed at explaining the news, presented by journalists with a thorough understanding of their topics of expertise.
- Aaron Tilley will join The Information on Dec. 4 to cover chips and computer hardware. He previously covered similar beats for Forbes in San Francisco. h/t Talking Biz News.
- Dayle Cedars left her role as weekday morning anchor at KMGH-TV in Denver. She had been with the ABC affiliate since 2003 and previously worked at stations in Texas and Oklahoma.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.