Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: The following staff changes are underway at Tom’s Hardware: On Dec. 18, former Computer Shopper top editor, John Burek took over as editor in chief of the outlet. He had been editor in chief of Computer Shopper since 2008. Burek has replaced Fritz Nelson, editor in chief of Tom’s Hardware since 2013, who has transitioned into editor at large. Computer Shopper’s Matt Safford is also joining Tom’s Hardware; he will be the managing editor as of Jan 2. He is currently wrapping up his duties as senior editor at Computer Shopper and has been with the publication since 2008.
- The head of TODAY digital at NBC Television Network, Ashley Parrish, has been promoted to vice president of strategic content for NBC News Group. She was the chief digital officer of DuJour Media before her time at TODAY, reaching back to 2014. NBC has also named Dana Haller senior executive producer of strategic content for NBC News and MSNBC. She had been the executive producer for Now with Alex Wagner since 2012, and was the supervising producer of development and special projects before that.
- After nearly a decade as editorial page editor, Harold Jackson has bid farewell to the Philadelphia Inquirer. He joined the staff in 2007, and prior to that worked at the Baltimore Sun as a reporter from 1994 to 1999.
- The Hill has parted ways with Devin Henry, energy and environment reporter. He reported for the outlet for more than two years, after serving as MinnPost.com’s Washington correspondent since May 2011. He has also worked for several Minnesota publications since 2007, including the Minnesota Daily and Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
- After serving as a weekend sports anchor for WINK News since 2014, Morgan Frances has joined Fox affiliate WJZY-TV in Charlotte, North Carolina. She will investigate and covers a wide range of news related topics as a reporter, as well as deliver the news as anchor.
- Longtime chief meteorologist of ABC’s WLS-TV in Chicago, Jerry Taft, will retire after 34 years at the station; his last broadcast is slated for Jan. 19. Taft has been with ABC 7 Chicago since 1984, and previously worked as meteorologist for WMAQ-TV.
- Emmy-nominated journalist Chantee Lans has joined Philadelphia’s CBS affiliate KYW-TV as a reporter. She comes from CBS’s WBZ-TV in Boston, where she spent the last two years as a reporter. Prior to that, she was on staff at WPRI-TV in Providence, Rhode Island.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.