Nylon, the avant-garde fashion outlet which transitioned into an online-only in 2017 and was recently purchased by Bustle Digital Group, has announced several key staff moves:
· Editor in chief Gabrielle Korn has left the publication. She was at the helm of Nylon since 2014 and served as the top editor of Nylon en Español. Prior to that, Korn was the beauty editor at Refinery29.
· Bustle Digital editor in chief Emma Rosenblum has assumed the role of interim editor in chief for Nylon. She oversees all editorial operations, content development and brand experiences for Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper and the Zoe Report, and has been on staff since July 2019. Prior to that, Rosenblum was an executive editor at ELLE.
· Current editor of Fashionista, Alyssa Vingan-Klein, will join Nylon as editorial director in early September 2019. She has been the top editor at Fashionista since 2017 and joined the fashion blog in 2013 as senior editor.
Joshua Carroll has joined The Washington Post's Opinions Video team full-time as a producer and editor. He has been part of the team on a freelancer basis since February 2019 and before that directed Millennium Stage livestreams at the Kennedy F. Center for the Performing Arts. Prior to that, Carroll spent five years at Ecast Productions as director of photography.
The New York Times has promoted two editors on its weekend desk and features desk, respectively:
· Phil Pan is the new weekend editor. He will help launch and vet enterprise stories aimed at the weekend and will also explore different approaches to programming digital reporting on the weekends. Pan has been with The Times since 2011 and most recently led coverage of the biggest stories from Asia as the Asia editor and before that as Beijing bureau chief. Prior to that, he spent many years at The Washington Post as China and Russia correspondent.
· Andrew LaVallee has been promoted to deputy, news and features for the Books desk. He joined the paper in April 2019 as a senior news and featured editor for Books and before that spent several years at The Wall Street Journal where he has had a range of roles, beginning as a technology reporter, and then working in Hong Kong as a special projects editor and as life and style editor.
Jane Thier has joined CFO Drive as associate editor. She was most recently an editorial intern at Source Magazine and SmartAsset and graduated from Washington University in St. Louis in 2019. CFO Dive is an online publication and daily newsletter for finance executives.
WALR-FM's “The Morning Groove” in Atlanta, Georgia, has hired Sytonnia "Toni" Moore is a co-host and anchor. She can be heard on-air weekday 5 a.m. till 9 a.m. Moore was previously an on-air talent at WFDR-FM in Atlanta and has also worked at iHeartMedia, WZGC-FM and WUPA-TV.
Zeb Norris has been recruited by WEXP/WCVT radio in Vermont as a program director and host, effective July 15, He comes from WNCS-FM in Burlington, Vermont, where he spent a little over a year as a morning drive host. Before that, Norris worked at WNCS-FM for more than a decade.
Indian River Magazine and the Florida Small Business Development Center at Indian River State College have launched Treasure Coast Business, a quarterly magazine serving St. Lucie, Martin, Indian River and Okeechobee counties in Florida. The new publication gives business leaders, owners and operators a snapshot of the Treasure Coast economic environment to enable them to make decisions to maintain and grow their businesses.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.