PAPER Magazine has promoted Katherine Gillespie to features editor. She covers pop culture, music, the arts, activism, politics and more. Gillespie was most recently an entertainment staff writer at the outlet and has been on staff since 2018, when she relocated to New York from Australia. Before that, she was a digital journalist for VICE.com in Melbourne.
Meagan Nichols has been promoted to managing editor of the Memphis Business Journal. She was previously the associate editor and joined MBJ in December 2014 as a reporter covering banking and commercial real estate. In 2016 she was awarded first place for Best Investigative Reporting at the Tennessee Press Association’s State Press Awards for one of her MBJ stories.
POLITICO publisher Robert Allbritton has announced the upcoming launch of Protocol, a new media company focused on the people, power and politics of tech. The forthcoming digital outlet will launch at some point in early 2020, and Allbritton has already hired more than half a dozen prominent journalists, including:
- Emily Dreyfuss, most recently a writer for Wired, as editorial director.
- Joanna Pearlstein, also previously with Wired, as managing editor.
- Vivyan Tran, who has worked at The Wall Street Journal, National Journal, and POLITICO, as head of digital.
- Jamie Condliffe, currently the DealBook newsletter editor at The New York Times in London, as newsletter editor.
- Mario Aguilar, Gizmodo's former deputy editor, has joined as senior editor.
- Kevin McAllister, from The Wall Street Journal, comes in as associate editor.
- Adam Janofsky, formerly of The Wall Street Journal, as a reporter.
- Emma Johanningsmeier, former editor of The Fountain Hopper at Stanford University, also joins as a reporter.
- Issie Lapowsky, previously with Wired, joins as a senior reporter.
- Charles Levinson, previously with Reuters, joins as reporter.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.