Axios has four new hires to report:
- Javier David is now managing editor, overseeing all business coverage and newsletters at Axios, including Axios Pro Rata, Capital, Markets, and Closer. David comes to Axios from Yahoo, where he was an editor and an editorial lead. he has also reported for CNBC, Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, and Reuters.
- Kimberly Chin is Axios' newest retail deals reporter, and will co-author the Retail Deals newsletter with Richard Collings. Previously, she served as a business reporter for The Wall Street Journal, covering companies and sustainability.
- Brady Dale joins Axios as a crypto reporter, helping to lead coverage for the beat and co-authoring the upcoming Axios Crypto newsletter in Spring 2022. He joins Axios from The Defiant, where he served as a senior reporter. He has also worked for CoinDesk, the Observer, Fortune, and more.
- Annalise Frank has joined Axios to report and write the Detroit newsletter. She joins directly from Crain's Detroit Business, where she was covering cannabis businesses, Detroit city government, and business issues.
Tech industry news site The Information has brought on Scott Thurm as a senior editor. Thurm joins from Wired, where he served as the business editor. Prior to that, Thurm was an editor and reporter for the Wall Street Journal for over eighteen years.
Matthew Lynley has joined the ranks at Insider as a correspondent covering artificial intelligence and big data. He has previously written for TechCrunch, BuzzFeed, The Wall Street Journal, and VentureBeat, though for the past three years, he has served as a research and data analyst for Pluralsight, A Cloud Gury, and Brex.
Aidan Quigley is the newest addition to CQ Roll Call and CQ Now, covering federal budget and appropriations. Previously, he served as a navy reporter for Inside Defense, covering the Navy and Marine Corps, with a focus on budgets, policy, and acquisition.
Jolie Sherman joins NBC Hartford affiliate WVIT as a general assignment reporter and multimedia journalist. Previously, she worked for FOX Colchester affiliate WFFF, where she began after graduating from Illinois State University.
The Washington Post has three new additions:
- Jill Martin has joined the Post as a multiplatform editor on the news copy desk, and is now responsible for copy editing the Weekend section. She has previously served as news editor for Politico's E&E News, a role she held since 2018, and prior to that, she served as a copy editor for E&E for six years.
- Monica Ulmanu is the Climate department's very first visual enterprise editor, now heading a team of five journalists who produce visual storytelling pieces that cover the climate crisis.
- Sommer Mathis has joined the Post as senior editor for newsroom recruiting - she now leads efforts to streamline the Post's newsroom hiring process while recruiting excellent talent.
Bloomberg Tax has brought on Angelica Serrano-Román to cover state tax policy. Most recently, Serrano-Román served as an intern for the Latin America desk at Bloomberg News. Before that, she was an investigative news fellow for CNBC, and as a reporter for Puerto Rico's Center for Investigative Journalism.
Skyler Rossi returns to Missouri Business Alert as the new digital editor. She previously worked for the outlet as a business reporter covering entrepreneurship and small business, before she joined the Times of Entrepreneurship in Alexandria, where she served as a reporter for just over a year.
The St. Louis Business Journal has hired Judy Lucas its newest retail and restaurants reporter. After graduating from the Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia in 2021, she interned with the Riverfront Times in St. Louis, and spent the summer abroad in Barcelona, interning with Ruido Photo, a photojournalism organization with ties to National Geographic.
Alvaro Ledgard is the newest Latin America primary bond market reporter for Debtwire. He joins form Bloomberg News, where he served as an intern reporter. Before that, he worked as an economics and finance analyst and subeditor at Semana Económica in Peru.
Hana Kim has been promoted from weekend anchor to weekday anchor at the Seattle Fox affiliate, KCPQ. She will now be anchoring the 4PM and 9PM newscasts. She began with the station in 2012 as a reporter.
Wall Street Journal reporter Chao Deng has moved from the outlet's Taipei office to Cairo. A veteran reporter for the Journal, she has also previously reported from Beijing, covering a variety of topics from the Chinese economy, finance, trade wars, labor markets, and the COVID-19 pandemic. Last year, she won the Livingston Award for her piece "On the Front Lines in Wuhan," which tells the evolving story at the very center of the early stages of the pandemic.
Bob Sorokanich has been named Editor in Chief of the automotive site Jalopnik. He now oversees all content creation across the outlet. Sorokanich previously worked as the deputy editor for Hearst's Road & Track, and his work has also appeared in Popular Mechanics, Gizmodo, and Esquire.
The San Francisco Chronicle has found a new associate audience editor in Ryan Ocenada, who will help expand the reach of the Chronicle via search optimization, and social media efforts. He joins form NBCUniversal, where he served as an audience development editor.
Richard Chang is a newly-minted assistant editor on Forbes' wealth team, where he has been interning since December of last year. A recent graduate of Syracuse University, he has also interned for CNN, Linkedin, and Gatehouse Media newspapers.
MarketWatch announced Mark DeCambre as its new editor in chief, leading editorial and expanding the finance brand's multimedia presence. DeCambre has been a markets editor since 2014, and spearheaded a retooling of coverage that more than tripled the site's audience.
Geoff Weiss has joined the team at Insider as a senior creator economy reporter for the media business desk, covering entrepreneurship and social media platforms that skyrocket creators to influencers. He joins Insider from Tubefilter, one of the first sites to exclusively cover the digital media industry, where he served as senior editor.
Belén Smole has joined WWSI/Telemundo 62 in Philadelphia as a news anchor for the weekday evening newscasts at 5 and 6 PM. An Emmy award-winning journalist, she joins from Univision Houston, where she served as an investigative reporter and fill-in morning anchor for three years.
Claire Anderson is set to join Washington, DC Fox affiliate WTTG as a weekday morning meteorologist next week. An experienced meteorologist, she joins WTTG from KIRO in Seattle, WA, and before that, she previously worked for KOIN in Portland, OR.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.