Cision Experts To Share Insights At Industry Conferences in Autumn 2008
Topics Include Best Practices in Digital and Global Media Measurement, Crisis Communications and Social Media Relations
CHICAGO, IL, September 15, 2008 Executives and experts from Cision US, Inc., the leading provider of media research, distribution, monitoring and analysis services, will offer their insights and expertise on best practices and trends at major North American marketing and communications industry conferences through the fall of 2008.
Cision keynote speakers and panel members including Senior Vice Presidents Norman Clements and K.C. Brown, as well as Director of Electronic Media Heidi Sullivan and Manager of Internet Research Jay Krall will address hot-button issues such as:
- Managing the continued explosion of social media
- How to measure the impact of digital and global media efforts, and
- Crisis communications best practices.
They will participate in:
Communitelligence s Rethinking Communications Senior Management Summit, September 18, 2008, hosted by Pfizer Inc. at 235 East 42nd Street, Times Square, New York, N.Y. Norman Clements, Cision Senior Vice President, Global Analysis Services, will deliver the afternoon (2:45 p.m.) keynote address on the topic The Exploding Media Universe. A frequent speaker and contributor to a broad range of communications-related organizations, Mr. Clements has more than thirty years of experience in journalism, public relations and consulting. He joined Cision in 2002 as International Operations Director of Delahaye, based in London. Previously, he was CEO of Madi HerdBuoys Communications Group, a leading public relations firm which emerged from Sussens Clements Maliepaard, the oldest PR firm in South Africa. He has also held the titles of Associate Publisher, Editorial Director and Editor for a wide variety of publications in both the United Kingdom and South Africa. For further information on this event, please visit: http://www.communitelligence.com/content/ahpg.cfm?spgid=319&full=1
PR News Digital PR Next Practices Summit, October 3, 2008, Grand Hyatt, 109 East 42nd Street, New York, N.Y. From 1:45 to 2:30 p.m., Norman Clements will headline a panel discussion entitled Measuring New Media: It Can Be Done. Mr. Clements and the panel will discuss how measurement of digital media outputs, outtakes and outcomes can assess impact on organizational goals, how to calculate ROI and proof of performance, how to measure the impact of coverage in blogs and social networks, and how to allocate the right resources to digital media measurement initiatives. For further information on this event, please visit: http://prnewsonline.com/resources/digitalprsummit.html
The Conference Board s Corporate Reputation and Communication Conference, October 21-22, 2008, Swissotel Chicago, 323 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, Ill. At this event, Norman Clements will participate in a panel discussion on the topic Crisis Management and Your Corporate Reputation. For further information on this event, please visit: http://www.conference-board.org/conferences/conference.cfm?id=1762
IABC Research and Measurement Conference, co-sponsored by Cision and the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), October 22-24, 2008, Le Royal Meridien King Edward Hotel, 37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- On October 22 from 1:30 to 4 p.m., K.C. Brown, Cision Senior Vice President, Client Development, will lead a pre-conference workshop entitled Staying Afloat in a Sea of Social Media. This hands-on session is designed to help communications professionals determine and develop the right media strategies for both online and traditional campaigns. Mr. Brown formerly was a Senior Vice President of Cision s evaluation and research-based consulting arm, Delahaye, where he managed the research and advisory services group, developed many of the firm s methodological and technological innovations, and founded the Cision Index.
- On October 23 from 2:15 to 3:30 p.m., Cision s Director of Media Research, Heidi Sullivan, will lead a breakout session on Engaging Customers and Critics in a Web 2.0 World. Ms. Sullivan will discuss using social media platforms to address critics and initiate conversations; engaging social media sites to address client communications issues and improve customer service; and staying current on industry trends and issues using these tools. For more information on this event, please visit: http://www.iabc.com/education/rm/index.cfm
2008 PRSA International Conference: The Point of Connection, co-sponsored by Cision, October 25-28, 2008, Detroit Marriott, GM Renaissance Center, Detroit, Mich. On Monday, October 27 from 1:45 to 3:00 p.m., Heidi Sullivan, Jay Krall, Cision s Manager of Internet Media Research, and Jason Falls, Account Manager at Doe Anderson and author of Social Media Explorer Blog, will present Not All Blogs Are Created Equal, an enlightened look at the latest tools and technologies that provides a clear understanding of the most important social media blogs and platforms in an array of markets and industries. The panelists also will discuss how the goals of a social media program can be defined. For more information on this event, please visit: http://www.prsa.org/conf2008/program/
The Conference Board s Workshop on Corporate Communication Measurement, November 14, 2008, Marriott East Side Hotel, 525 Lexington Avenue, New York, N.Y. Norman Clements will lead a workshop on Measuring Your Corporate Reputation, Both Online and Offline. For more information on this event, please visit: http://www.conference-board.org/conferences/conference.cfm?id=1764&view=topics&event=1772
Cision is a leading global media intelligence company, serving the complete workflow of today s communications, social media and content marketing professionals. Offering the industry s most comprehensive PR and social software, rich analytics and a Global Insights team, Cision enables clients to improve their marketing and strengthen data-driven decision making. Cision also represents the Gorkana Group, PRWeb, Help a Reporter Out (HARO) and iContact brands. Headquartered in Chicago, Cision has over 100,000 customers worldwide and maintains offices in Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, Finland and China. For more information, visit www.cision.com or follow @Cision on Twitter.