April 21, 2010
/ by Guest Contributor
This post was written by Libby vanBuskirk, supervisor of Internet Media for Cision.
Facebook was once a resource for Ivy League students who wanted to keep track of their classmates. But it has grown into a community that recently passed Google as the most visited site on the Web. Part of this growth is the expansion of Facebook’s original mandate from being a social networking site for college students into a network of communities, organizations, groups and users who are connected by their place of work, their education, their hometown and more. This includes business users, from stock market analysts discussing the latest news from Wall Street to bankers and MBA students discussing career opportunities.
With this in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 20 financial and banking groups on Facebook with, for some, literally thousands of members who pitch in to discuss the latest financial news. Being a member of groups like this or simply tracking their discussions on the group wall can be an excellent way to keep on top of what bankers and financial professionals are thinking.
1. Wall Street Networking
2. Venture Capital and Private Equity Society
3. Future Investment Bankers
4. Investment Banking Professionals
5. Accounting & Finance
6. Accountants, Real Estate & Finance Peeps..
8. Finance Club
9. FINANCE & ACCOUNTING (CA, CMA, CGA) – Open Jobs (Canada & USA)
10. International Finance & Banking
11. International Finance Corporation / The World Bank Group
12. Wall Street Prep
13. Accredited Investors
14. INVESTMENT BANKING
15. Association of Finance Professionals
16. Investment Finance Club
17. Bay Street Bankers (Toronto Investment Banking)
18. The Bankers
19. FINANCE & INVESTMENT CLUB
20. Mortgage Banking Professionals
Also check out our list of the Top 100 Finance Blogs on the Cision Navigator and our free finance briefing book below.
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT