Celebrating innovative small business
Small business is the backbone of America. And there’s a ton of statistics supporting that fact. Consider the following:
- According to SCORE, there are just shy of 30 million small businesses in the United States.
- SBDC of Pennsylvania says these businesses account for 99 percent of all employer-firms, employ half of all private sector employees and account for 44.3 percent of the total U.S. private payroll.
- The Great American Small Business Challenge, a non-profit organization reports that “over the past decade, small businesses created 60 to 80 percent of the net new jobs.”
Upwards of 80 percent of PRWeb customers fall into the small business category – passionate entrepreneurs with novel ideas and inspiring stories we’ve been able to help share through PRWeb’s online news distribution service. Here are a few such stories:
- Profiting from music. MP3s might have put a drag on music sales, but MusikPitch founder Scott McIntosh found a way to give companies a jingle, artists a paycheck and make tacos sing. Rather than employ songwriters, the Nashville-based company provides an online platform where writers and composers compete to win jingle contests. Scott’s not the only one with a new business model for music – Furnace MFG, a small manufacturing firm that employs about a dozen people has found vinyl records are making a comeback.
- Remodeling expectations. A franchise of handy fixer-uppers like Kitchen Tune-Up that allow customers to extend the life of their kitchens that’s something short of remodeling. In fact, as their tag line goes, the only thing getting remodeled is its customers’ expectations. The company’s Website explains the niche like this: “In 1986, Dave made an observation while in a customer’s home. He noticed that the six-year-old kitchen was starting to look a little run-down, but did not need to be entirely replaced.”
- Bidding for a cause. Auction Cause is a cause related marketing firm that partners has found a clever way to auction off celebrity items on eBay – backstage passes to Taylor Swift for example – with the proceeds going to charity.
If you are a small business and a customer of PRWeb, we’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave a comment below or hit us up on Twitter @PRWeb.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.