December 09, 2010
/ by Cision Contributor
The holidays are upon us! They’re a time of joy and happiness–and they’re also a time of special deals and sales, which means that the competition to get your business noticed can be tough. Your time is running out to get the word out about your holiday promotions and get noticed–so here are 10 suggestions to get you going: 1. Highlight your holiday sales and promotions If you’ve got a deal, sale or promotion that will save your audience money, announce it – they’ll hurry to your door!
2. Doing some charity work around the holiday season? Let your audience know about it By now, everyone associates the holidays with commercialism. Be the business that still cares about helping the less fortunate – it’ll most certainly help your reputation.
3. Have a holiday event coming up? Announce it A release is a great way to showcase your business’s holiday spirit!
4. Use holiday-related keywords and be the first to get found Help customers avoid the hustle-bustle-and your competitors Get your news found first by including the search keywords that holiday shoppers are using. Then sell, sell, sell!
5. The holiday season is also the end of the year – announce your year-end bargains and deals Keep your message fresh and push multiple products with a different, end-of-the-year promotion to catch the next wave of buyers when the holidays are over.
6. Have you had a prosperous year? Tell everyone about it A company that is thriving is trustworthy and newsworthy.
7. Use holiday themed music, videos and other multimedia to spruce up your content They resonate and can draw more attention to your releases!
8. Don’t be shy with your holiday headlines Your chance to season your news or headline with your favorite festive sayings comes but once a year – so make it count.
9. Be inclusive – make your holiday deals appeal to everybody Don’t just sell to the Christmas audience – there are plenty of people who’ll buy your product that don’t eagerly await Santa on December 25th.
10. Be enthusiastic! This is, after all, the most wonderful time of the year!
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT