Top 25 Venture Capital bloggers on Twitter
In the past, many of us weren’t exposed to the world of venture capital, but now, social media has opened up the discussion of VC and made it possible to discuss a rapidly changing business in real time. “When I started writing VentureBlog, there was literally no one writing about venture capital. VC’s thought it was taboo to discuss the industry. With social media has come a much more open and vibrant discussion of venture capital and venture capitalists,” says David Hornik, author of VentureBlog.
Many venture investors rely on social media to learn about new trends and technologies, and also to engage in conversation. “Social media, particularly blogging, has really opened up the inner workings of the venture business in a way that I think has been beneficial for both entrepreneurs and investors,” says Seth Levine, author of Seth Levine’s VC Adventure. He adds, “The pace of news is simply much faster these days, along with the pace of innovation. It’s a great time to be an investor, and a great time to be an entrepreneur, but it takes a little work to stay on top of things.”
Social media has helped level the playing field of top VC’s and the relatively unknown ones. Now everyone has a voice, not just those with the biggest pedigree, but those with the most interesting things to say. “It’s really changed our business, and certainly been a huge boost to a group of VCs, myself included, who prior to social media platforms had a difficult time really making a name for themselves,” Levine said.
Cision’s list of the top 25 VC bloggers on Twitter is based on Cision’s proprietary research of VC bloggers and ranked by each blogger’s Klout score as of March 21, 2011. They offer insights on investment and technology trends, and provide entrepreneurs looking for expansion capital with insights and resources around business growth strategies. They are written by both venture capitalists and journalists.
- Tim O’Reilly, O’Reilly Radar, @timoreilly 76
- Mark Suster, Both Sides of the Table, @msuster 74
- Fred Wilson, A VC Blog, @fredwilson 69
- Paul Kedrosky, Infectious Greed, @pkedrosky 69
- Chris Dixon, Chris Dixon’s Blog, @cdixon 69
- Scott Kirsner, Innovation Economy, @scottkirsner 61
- Charlie O’Donnell, This is going to be BIG…, @ceonyc 59
- Roger Ehrenberg, Information Arbitrage, @infoarbitrage 59
- Sarah Lacy, Predictably Rabid, TechCrunch @sarahcuda 58
- Fred Destin, Fred Destin, @fdestin 58
- Jeffrey Nolan, Venture Chronicles, @jeffnolan 56
- Ben Horowitz, ben’s blog, @bhorowitz 56
- Jeff Bussgang, Seeing Both Sides, @bussgang 55
- Seth Levine, Seth Levine’s VC Adventure, @sether 55
- Rob Go, robgo.org, @robgo 54
- Josh Kopelman, Redeye VC, @joshk 54
- Ryan Spoon, ryanspoon.com, @ryanspoon 53
- Rob Day, Cleantech Investing, @cleantechvc 52
- Claire Cain Miller, Bits, @clairecm 50
- Sramana Mitra, Sramana Mitra on Strategy, @sramana 50
- Scott Austin, Venture Capital Dispatch, @scottmaustin 50
- David Hornik, VentureBlog, @davidhornik 49
- Constance Loizos, peHUB, @cookie 45
- David Cowan, Who Has Time For This?, @davidcowan 43
- James Temple, The Tech Chronicles, @jtemple 42
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.