Fall TV Lineup: Analyzed – The Playboy Club
The fall season brings with it a few important things: back to school, dropping temperatures, changing leaf colors and most importantly: fall TV season!
This year, there are a number of new shows starting and some favorites returning. In an ongoing feature we’re kicking off, we’ll share some Viralheat data insights as to how these shows are doing — as they translate into social media.
Tonight will be the third episode of The Playboy Club on NBC. I’ve watched the first two episodes and enjoy it so far, and the people in my networks who have also watched the show seem to enjoy it as well… Although it’s blatantly sexist and racist, among other things that I oppose, I think it’s a reflection of the time (1960s) much like Mad Men, to which it has been often compared.
- Over the past 7 days, there have been 9, 102 mentions of The Playboy Club across social media.
- It looks like Twitter-ers have had generally good things to say about it: 79% of mentions have been positive, 11% neutral and only 10% negative.
- The top day to discuss the show on Twitter and Facebook was Tuesday — which makes sense that everyone wants to throw in their two cents after they watch on Monday night.
- It has captured the attention of the right people: two of the top influencers by impact are @hughhefner and @Playboy.
- Here are some notable tweets, just for fun:
- @hughhefner: I’m surprised at the controversy surrounding NBC’s “The Playboy Club.” How can anyone not love the Bunnies?
- @alicam: The Playboy Club Vs. Pan Am: Which Show Is Doing The 60’s Better? alic.am/pc1k6B
- @Slate: Debating The Playboy Club, Pan Am and the rest of the fall TV schedule–WATCH: slate.me/qGPLfE
- @AlyssaRosenberg: The Playboy Club is going to get cancelled because it’s terrible, not because it’s “degrading and sexualizing”:http://bit.ly/pViTlg
- @tnporter: @evie_carter Check out The Playboy Club to ease withdrawals too, it’s got a teeny bit of the same retro energy too, but still not great.
- @BehzadSandila: Waiting for the new ep. of ‘The Playboy Club’ with special guest star @ColbieCaillat and usual superstars @laurabenanti and @jennaldewan !
About “The Playboy Club” — From Academy Award-winning Executive Producer Brian Grazer, “The Playboy Club” is a provocative new NBC drama about a time and place that challenged the existing social mores and transformed American culture forever. It’s the early 1960s, and at the center of Chicago lies the legendary and seductive Playboy Club, a living, breathing fantasy world filled with $1.50 cocktails, music, glitter and of course, beautiful Bunnies. The key to the club, which offers the ultimate in beauty, is the most sought-after status symbol of its time. But all that glitters isn’t gold, and in the back rooms and alleys behind the club, life happens – both good and bad.
Have you watched The Playboy Club? What do you think?
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.