PR Wins, Moves & Other News
We’re bringing you our bi-weekly roundup of new talent, account wins and other trade news a little early this week, and below you’ll find briefs on your industry competitors and friends. Share comments and discussion points below, and look for the next briefs on Wednesday, March 14.
- Edelman has announced it is entering the Vietnam and Switzerland markets through agency aquisitions in each country. In Vietnam, AVC Communications is now AVC Edelman, and in Switzerland, K Comms is now Edelman Schweiz. Join the Edelman Facebook community here and follow on Twitter here.
- Sopexa Worldwide has won a three-year campaign with FranceAgriMer which will promote Wines of France in Canada, the United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, Russia, Germany and the Netherlands. The food and wine lifestyle agency will design and implement the campaign through digital marketing and an approach based on three pillars: consumer awareness, key influencers and sales and marketing support for trade professionals. Sopexa is headquartered in France. Follow the agency on Twitter here.
- Publisher Rodale has several additions and promotions to its advertising staff. Previously with Self magazine, Ellen Cummings was named advertising director of Women’s Health and will be focusing on beauty. Also at Women’s Health, Jen Chatham has been promoted to advertising director and will focus on the food category. Jack O’Neill has been promoted to national digital director after serving as Eastern digital manager of the brand. Follow Women’s Health magazine on Twitter here and on Facebook here.
- At Blaze PR, Mandev Khalsa joined as an account supervisor and Nick Valente as an account executive. Khalsa previously worked at Air New Zealand and CRT/Tanaka. Valente was formerly a media relations executive at Middleton & Gendron. Follow Blaze on Twitter here and on Facebook here.
- Marketing Executives Networking Group has appointed Joey Iazzetto as the newest chairman of its 2012 board of directors. Iazzetto also is the senior vice presidetn and director of business strategy at CBD. He has been a member of MENG for seven years and previously served as vice chairman of the group. Follow MENG on Twitter here and Facebook here.
- Passport Resorts has choosen Hyperdisk Marketing to manage its branding and digital marketing efforts. The firm will develop online brand strategy, provide creative development, innovative technology solutions, search marketing, online advertising and tactical guidance for Passport Resorts’ Cavallo Point and Post Ranch Inn. Hyperdisk was founded in 1993 and is a luxury specialist. Follow Hyperdisk on Twitter here and Facebook here.
If you have a suggestion or want to appear in PR Wins, Moves & Other News, please e-mail email@example.com or call 312-873-6359.
Credits: Edelman, Marie Christina Batich at Sopexa Worldwide, Maria Bolognese at Rodale, Chelsea Hartnett at Blaze PR, Dave Heffernan at Marketing Executives Networking Group and Steven Herron at Hyperdisk Marketing.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.