PR & Marketing Wins, Moves & Other News
Here is our bi-weekly roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. As you can see, we updated the title to incorporate both PR and marketing news, so continue to submit items about yourself and your company! Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
- The 2012 SABRE Awards has announced finalists for its Diamond and Gold categories and Edelman, Ketchum and Weber Shandwick each collected 20 or more nominations. SABRE is the world’s largest awards competition for the public relations industry. Other agencies with Diamond and Gold nominations include GolinHarris, MSL Group, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, Citizen Relations, Burson-Marsteller, Carmichael Lynch Spong, Fleishman-Hillard and Hill+Knowlton Strategies. On the client side, Procter & Gamble, IBM, Ford, Unilever, Starbucks, Intuit, McDonald’s, and Pfizer were named as finalists. Winners of the Silver category have already been announced and can be found here. Winners for the remaining categories will be announced May 8 and a complete list of Diamond and Gold SABRE finalists can be found here. Follow SABRE Awards on Facebook here.
- The Fladgate Partnership, Frangelico and Somerston Wine Co. have chosen Deussen Global Communications Inc. as its agency of record. Deussen will oversee strategic, national marketing campaigns including media outreach, partnership programs, event marketing, social media interaction, trade education and direct-to-consumer initiatives. Follow Deussen on Twitter here.
- Allison Ritter has joined Good Carma Studio. She will lead the PR efforts at the full-service agency, which specializes in consumer awareness, strategic branding, product placement, event execution, celebrity seeding and social media. Allison can be reached at 310-903-7141 and followed on Twitter here.
- Marty Thompson is the newest member of the DK New Media team, and he has joined as a social business strategist. Thompson has 15 years of experience in digital marketing, marketing and product marketing roles and has worked with Apple, Siemens, IBM, Compaq, and HP. Thompson will help DK New Media develop clients’ strategies in the social space, analyze and optimize social efforts and act as a client advocate through social networks. Thompson is available on Twitter here.
- Manelay Gutierrez joined Bollare to represent its lifestyle clients. Gutierrez formerly worked at K Public Relations and can be reached by phone at 310-246-0983 or on Twitter here.
If you have a suggestion or want to appear in PR & Marketing Wins, Moves & Other News, please e-mail email@example.com or call 312-873-6359.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.