October 02, 2014
/ by Brian Conlin
Do you think that PR just stands for public relations? It actually stands for a whole lot more.
In his newly released e-book “What If PR Stood for People and Relationships?,” award-winning author Brian Solis discusses how to build relationships in the digital era.
According to Brian, relationship building in today’s world of smartphones, social media and big data requires understanding that your audience consists of real people and that you can accomplish more together than alone.
Easier said than done? Brian’s free 39-page e-book illustrated by world-renowned cartoonist Hugh MacLeod of Gapingvoid provides a blueprint for what you can do differently today to provide value and build relationships.
Want to build better relationships? Get your free ebook on SlideShare now!
For a sample of Brian’s wisdom, check out 16 of his top quotes found in “What If PR Stood for People and Relationships?”
1. What can we do differently today, every day, that brings value to people and relationships? Click to Tweet!
2. See technology for what it is, and make it more human. Click to Tweet!
3. Now is the time to question everything. Click to Tweet!
4. Technology, in its own way, is making us more human. Click to Tweet!
5. We can see how we add value to not just people like us, but also learn how to add value to people who are not like us. Click to Tweet!
6. Use technology as an enabler that brings to life a higher purpose… Humanity becomes the killer app. Click to Tweet!
7. We need to think about value and connections… We then use technology as an enabler for something better. Click to Tweet!
8. There’s always a return when companies focus on outcomes. There’s a greater return when those outcomes align with mutual value. Click to Tweet!
9. Customer centricity starts by investing in a culture of putting the customer first. Technology then amplifies your purpose so that it creates and extends value to those seeking it. Click to Tweet!
10. Don’t compete for the moment. Compete for meaning. Click to Tweet!
11. Technology should be invisible. Click to Tweet!
12. We need to build a supporting ecosystem that brings in data, humanizes it, and inspires us to do things better. Click to Tweet!
13. It’s how you engage people and inspire them to do something after engagement that defines your legacy. Click to Tweet!
14. Growth and scale are byproducts of investing in customer relationships – before, during and after transactions. Click to Tweet!
15. Relationships are the pillars that define your work, your brand and your legacy. Click to Tweet!
16. Welcome to a new era of marketing and service in which your brand is defined by those who experience it. Click to Tweet!
Ready to practice the PR of People and Relationships? Get your free ebook now!
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT