Top 10 Women Journalists On Air at Cable News
Broadcast news media is full of many familiar faces and voices. This week, we have rounded up the most influential women on air at cable news networks, ranked by number of Twitter followers. Using Cision’s media database, we compiled the list based on Cision’s proprietary research. This list changes over time as Twitter followers update in real-time; all numbers were pulled April 22, 2015.
1. Rachel Maddow – Host, The Rachel Maddow Show on MSNBC – 3,164,007
And (3) in the LBJ rm today, Sen Reid told us his plan to confirm Loretta Lynch as AG. Details tonight: 9pm ET, MSNBC pic.twitter.com/awH9Ylc84Z
— Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) April 16, 2015
2. Sarah Palin – Contributor, FOX News Channel – 1,142,247
Dolly Parton lets the Lord's light shine right through her! She met a special young fan who faces challenges that… http://t.co/j1KlhONXEl
— Sarah Palin (@SarahPalinUSA) March 25, 2015
3. Megyn Kelly – Host, The Kelly File , FOX News Channel – 950,504
— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) April 22, 2015
4. Rachel Nichols – Sports Anchor, CNN – 690,108
JJ Watt has a 6-year, $100 mil contract & hangs w/Caroline Wozniacki. He doesn't care what you think of his dancing. https://t.co/plsMOqJFaA
— Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) April 22, 2015
5. Dana Perino – Host, The Five, FOX News Channel – 612,214
— Dana Perino (@DanaPerino) April 20, 2015
6. Laura Ingraham – Contributor, FOX News Channel – 526,347
Republicans need to run against the last 16 years (By the way, I totally agree.) https://t.co/6BKIdBLHFJ
— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) April 21, 2015
7. Stacey Dash – Contributor, FOX News Channel – 484,158
— Stacey Dash (@REALStaceyDash) April 19, 2015
8. Donna Brazile – Contributor, CNN – 432,658
George Lucas Uses Jedi Powers (And Tons Of His Own Cash) To Build Affordable Housing In His Ultra-Wealthy Community http://t.co/MHbgalher9
— Donna Brazile (@donnabrazile) April 22, 2015
9. Elizabeth Hasselbeck – Host, FOX & Friends, FOX News Channel – 400,715
— elisabeth hasselbeck (@ehasselbeck) April 20, 2015
10. Soledad O’Brien – Special Correspondent, Al Jazeera America – 383,507
— Soledad O'Brien (@soledadobrien) April 21, 2015
[Image courtesy of Marcin Wichary on Flickr.]
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.