May 21, 2015
/ by Cision Contributor
Digital multimedia has evolved yet again. We’ve recently observed the explosion in popularity of podcasting, especially among business influencers and their audiences. The medium has been growing steadily year over year, and many listeners credit their addiction to podcasting to the “intimateness of the conversations.”
Plus, if you haven’t got the time to read articles or watch videos during your busy day, podcasts are extremely accessible – listen during your commute, or even on the treadmill. And get this: according to Edison Research, people who listen to audio listen to podcasts almost as much as they listen to the radio.
But why is podcasting important to PR and marketing professionals? Besides the wealth of knowledge it can provide us on a daily basis, it’s a piece of content marketing we can use to reach our audiences: 67 percent of podcast listeners don’t mind sponsorship messages and occasionally find them useful, compare to 6 percent of TV or radio listeners.
So, if you’re looking to get a daily dose of valuable info from the experts or get inspiration for starting a podcast of your own, here’s our top 50, ranked in order of Twitter followers:
1) Gary Vaynerchuk The #AskGaryVeeShow
Welcome to The #AskGaryVee show, where I answer your questions about marketing, social media, and entrepreneurship. Want to get on the show? Tweet me your question with #AskGaryVee!
2) Jeff Bullas JeffBullas.com Podcast
Tools, tips and tactics on everything marketing and social media related.
3) Chris Brogan The Owner’s Mind
Grow your business by improving your capabilities and connections. Learn from business pros and owners just like you. Hosted by Chris Brogan and the rest of Owner Magazine’s staff.
4) Brian Solis Context Matters A podcast featuring discussions at the intersection of business, technology & culture hosted by Chris Saad and Brian Solis.
5) Pam Moore Social Media Zoom Factor SocialZoomFactor is a podcast created for business and marketing leaders. If you want to learn how to integrate social media, content marketing, the latest technology and more, you won’t be disappointed in Pam’s podcasts, which she delivers each weekday. Each episode brings you actionable tactics and strategies you can implement today for real business results. Pam is CEO / founder Marketing Nutz and ranked as Top 10 Social Media Power Influencer by Forbes.
6) Scott Stratten UnPodcast: The Business Podcast for the Fed-Up Reaching over 200,000 social media followers, this weekly show features how to succeed in the new world of business marketing.
7) Brian Clark New Rainmaker New Rainmaker provides the knowledge you need to build your own digital platform for marketing and sales. Listen in every week with Brian Clark (and special guests), and start building the foundation of your own online empire today.
8) Jay Baer Social Pros Podcast Social Pros shines the spotlight on social media practitioners, people doing the real work for real companies. Each episode includes an insights from a leading social media strategist, the Social Media Stat of the Week, discussed and ratified or debunked by Jay Baer of Convince & Convert and Jeff Rohrs of Salesforce, plus #HolySocial, we uncover a crazy social media happening. Finally, each episode ends with The Big Two where our guest gives us their rapid-fire answers to two important questions.
9) Pat Flynn Ask Pat I’m Pat Flynn, a regular guy who happens to be a successful online entrepreneur. You may know me from my other podcast, Smart Passive Income, which is consistently ranked as a #1 business podcast. I love hearing from my fans, and boy do they love sending me questions 🙂 That’s why I’ve started the AskPat podcast. AskPat is a brand new, DAILY podcast. Each episode features an actual question submitted from someone like you! I won’t be able to answer everyone’s question, but I’ll do my best to get through as many of them as I can. Now, plug in those headphones because it’s time to learn together about online business, entrepreneurship, internet marketing, audience building, passive income, blogging, list building, virtual assistants, startups, search engine optimization, email marketing and so much more. #askpat
Want to improve your podcasts? Click here for your free podcasting tip sheet now!
10) Amy Porterfield Online Marketing Made Easy Facebook Marketing All in One for Dummies” co-author and online entrepreneur Amy Porterfield shows you exactly how to monetize your online marketing and blogging efforts using her own tested, ACTIONABLE lead generation strategies — so you can successfully launch and promote a new program, grow your email list, get more leads, build your authority, turn your customers into raving advocates OR simply find the time (and mindset!) to rock your social media and content marketing. From creating an online course to video marketing, webinar recording, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, new content creation (including eBooks, guides and cheat sheets) and email marketing, Amy is going to reveal what works (and what doesn’t) once and for all. Why? Because after an awesome, inspiring stint with Harley Davidson and Tony Robbins, Amy figured out what she really loves: helping small business owners like you break down BIG, powerful strategies into step-by-step actions…so you can see BIG, powerful results, fast.
11) Mark Schaefer and Tom Webster The Marketing Companion Discusses topics in marketing weekly.
12) Neal Schaffer Maximize Your Social Maximize Your Social with Neal Schaffer is a podcast to help businesses maximize their presence on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram as well as content creation on WordPress and YouTube to help reach a broad variety of business objectives related to sales, marketing, customer service, human resources, business development, and information technology.
13) Mike Stelzner Social Media Marketing Podcast Social Media Examiner’s Michael Stelzner helps your business navigate the social jungle with success stories and expert interviews from leading social media marketing pros. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing. Find show notes at http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/podcast/
14) John Jantsch Duct Tape Marketing Podcast Interviews with authors, experts and thought leaders sharing business marketing tips, tactics and resources hosted by one America’s leading small business marketing experts – John Jantsch
15) Christopher Penn Marketing Over Coffee Marketing over coffee is a weekly discussion of what’s new in marketing with John Wall and Christopher Penn
16) Joe Pulizzi Content Inc. Content Inc. is for entrepreneurs and startups who want to be big – not by creating and selling more products and services – but by developing a loyal audience through remarkable content. Podcast creator Joe Pulizzi, known as the “godfather of content marketing,” believes that most small businesses and startups are going to market in the wrong way. Instead of leading first with product, Joe believes entrepreneurs should be building audiences…then they can sell whatever they want. Each podcast contains one inspirational idea that can change your business – all in less than 15 minutes per episode.
17) Mitch Joel Six Pixels of Separation Six Pixels of Separation – The Mirum Blog is marketing and communications insights from the edge. Mitch Joel will unravel the complex world of digital marketing and social media with the perspective of a digital marketing agency. The Six Pixels Of Separation podcast is also here. Join the digital marketing conversation. Take part in the new marketing discussion. Stay tuned to see how this interactive agency is making a digital difference. While marketers still struggle to understand online marketing, an entirely new generation of marketing opportunities is already taking place and they’re being created by your customers. The Twist Image blog is here for all of your digital marketing adventures.
18) Mike Volpe The Growth Show The Growth Show is a business podcast for leaders consumed with driving growth — growing a company, growing a movement, growing an idea, growing a team. Each week, HubSpot CMO Mike Volpe, or a colleague, sits down with someone who has achieved remarkable growth, and together they unpack how.
19) Amber Naslund and Chris Moody Content Pros Podcast Welcome to the Content Pros podcast, where we unlock the strategies and secrets of the best content marketers in the world, and ask the questions you’ve always wanted asked. We talk to real people doing real work in content marketing, representing some of the world’s best brands. Learn their approach to strategy, operations, measurement, staffing and more.
20) Mack Collier Fan-Damn-Tastic Marketing Show Author of “Think Like a Rockstar” explores marketing topics.
21) C.C. Chapman Managing The Gray Down to earth podcast that will help you improve your life through being smarter and more direct in how you live it. Real world advice from Boston based author, entrepreneur and self made man C.C. Chapman
22) Anthony Iannarino In the Arena Sales tips and insights.
23) Gini Dietrich, Joseph Thornley, Martin Waxman Inside PR Welcome to Inside PR. In these weekly podcasts originating from Toronto, Ottawa and Chicago, Gini Dietrich of Arment Dietrich, Joseph Thornley of Thornley Fallis Group and Martin Waxman of Martin Waxman Communications explore deep inside the world of public relations and social and digital media. If you’re a business communicator, or even if you’re in another field but understand that reputation and communications make and break organizations, listen to Inside PR.
24) Jason Keath The Social Toolkit Social media marketing podcast covering digital tools, apps, and software.
25) John Lee Dumas Entrepreneur On Fire Entrepreneur On Fire is a podcast created for you, the Serial Entrepreneur, Side-Preneur, or Small Business Owner. If you are looking for inspiration, motivation, and ACTIONABLE advice during your daily commute, workout, or “me” time, John Lee Dumas delivers 7-days a week. Each episode brings you a successful Entrepreneur who shares their journey: Their failures, AH-HA moments, successes, and much more. Each episode ends with THE LIGHTNING ROUND where John extracts priceless resources and action steps for you, FIRE NATION!
26) Mike Michalowicz Profit First You are about to discover the profoundly simple yet shockingly effective accounting plug-in that will transform your business from a cash eating monster into a money making machine. In Profit First, Mike Michalowicz, author of The Pumpkin Plan and The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, explains why the GAAP accounting method is contrary to human nature, trapping entrepreneurs in the panic-driven cycle of operating check-to-check and reveals why this new method is the easiest and smartest way to ensure your business becomes wildly (and permanently) profitable from your very next deposit forward.
27) Maritza Parra Easy Online Marketing The practical and spiritual online marketing show helping you go from marketing to money. Maritza brings her experience as a serial entrepreneur and interviews today’s leading entrepreneurs. Join us at MaritzaParra.com for recaps, inspiration and resources from each show.
28) Joseph Jaffe Jaffe Juice Jaffe Juice is an industry thought leader and author of Life after the 30-second spot, Joseph Jaffe’s unshackled, uncensored and uninhibited dialogue on the subjects of new marketing, advertising and creativity.
29) John Dennis Smart Time Online Smart Time Online is a podcast created to help entrepreneurs create smarter systems online. Each episode uncovers actionable strategies for landing page optimization, web design, conversion rate optimization, email marketing, passive income, lead gen, marketing and sales funnels, social media, and advanced digital marketing conversion. Co-hosted by some of the most respected authorities in business today, you’ll also discover the habits and productivity practices that business experts attribute most to their success. Join us and extract priceless business optimization tips every week!
30) Marcus Sheridan Mad Marketing The Mad Marketing podcast is where real questions about marketing are asked and real answers are given, by someone that’s actually living it, breathing it, and doing it. Presented by Marcus Sheridan of TheSalesLion.com.
31) Kerry O’Shea Gorgone MarketingSmarts Podcast This weekly podcast features in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life. Hosted by MarketingProfs, this 30-minute, weekly podcast delivers actionable insights and real advice to help you market smarter.
32) Shel Holtz & Neville Hobson For Immediate Release – Hobson & Holtz Report The FIR Podcast Network is the premiere podcast network for PR, organizational communications, marketing, and internal communications content. Each of the FIR Podcast Network’s shows can be accessed individually. This is the EVERYTHING Feed, which gets you the latest episodes of every show in the network.
33) Jenn Swanson The Communication Diva Podcast Poor communication leads to conflict, which most of us like to avoid. This podcast aims to help you have better conversations at home and at work, and to improve all relationships. I interview fascinating people who use communication to live out their passion, I share soft skills and offer ways in which you can take action right NOW. Join the conversation!
34) Anthony Tran Marketing Access Pass The internet Marketing Access Pass podcast was created for people who are tired of working the 9-to-5 job and want to escape the rat-race. Learn how to start a business and work from home. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to starting an internet marketing business or have been doing it for many years this show is for you. If you’re an online entrepreneur and want to work from home then this show will offer you inspiration, strategies, tactics about various topics in internet marketing: to include Marketing Strategies, Podcasting tips, Blogging, Social Media Marketing, Website Traffic Generation, Search Engine Optimization, and tips on how to make money online. Anthony Tran from the Marketing Access Pass blog shares his tips on how to build, grow, and monetize an internet business. He also interviews other successful online entrepreneurs who share their marketing strategies of how they created their startup, how to start a business from scratch, and how they are making money online so they could work from home. Don’t miss out on this great internet marketing podcast and start your internet business today.
35) Amy Schmittauer The Marketing Lifestyle Show Amy Schmittauer from Savvy Sexy Social is the founder and host of The Marketing Lifestyle Show. Marketing is not a department. It’s a lifestyle. Join Amy as she talks with the people who know best how to help you adjust your mindset and give actionable advice around selling yourself and your business. Hear amazing insights from top notch professionals on YouTube, in marketing and even from television including Adande “Swoozie” Thorne, Guy Kawasaki, Dan Gheesling, Matthew Santoro, James Rhine, Michael O’Neal, Chris Ducker and many more! It’s time for you to PRODUCE YOUR AUTHORITY! Prepare for tactical, strategic advice from people who want you to actualize your arrival in your industry with the help of YouTube, video content, social media, networking, speaking, branding and more steps you can take right now! What’s up, Socials! It’s Marketing Lifestyle Friday!
36) Carrie Kerpen All The Social Ladies Even though women are more apt to share and engage with brands in social media, female thought leaders don’t receive the recognition they deserve. Look at conference speakers and you’ll find lots of male leaders. But WHERE are the social ladies? In this podcast, Carrie Kerpen, CEO of Likeable Media, takes a look at female leaders and how they use social media personally and professionally.
37) Dawn Marrs Ortiz & Traci Reuter Social Media Marketing Happy Hour The Social Media Marketing Happy Hour Podcast hosted by Dawn Marrs Ortiz & Traci Reuter is designed for the network marketer, small business owner, entrepreneur, mlm professional, mompreneur, wahm, wahd, who is tired of the grind and ready to learn to leverage social media marketing sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more to get a bigger list, more leads and recruit and sell more products. Each episode is 15 minutes long, 5 days per week, jam packed with success tips & nuggets to help you succeed in your entrepreneurial journey.
38) Ed Gandia High Income Business Writing Ed Gandia, co-author of the bestselling book, The Wealthy Freelancer, reveals how to propel your writing business to the six-figure level (or the part-time equivalent). In this nuts-and-bolts, no-nonsense podcast, you’ll discover how to get better clients, earn more in less time, and bring more freedom and joy into your writing business. Ed will walk you through the practical, “doable” systems and strategies he has developed in his own writing business — the same systems he has taught his private coaching clients. He’ll also show you what’s working for other business writers by bringing you real case studies from the field. And he’ll share all this information in an honest and transparent way, with no hype or fluff. Topics covered include: getting better and higher-paying clients; banishing the feast-or-famine cycle; doing more of the work that excites you; how to raise your fees and rates; boosting your productivity; making your business recession-proof; discovering and leveraging your strengths; finding your niche; pricing content writing projects; pricing copywriting projects; writing white papers; writing case studies; writing web copy; writing articles; and much more.
39) Donna Papacosta Trafcom News Podcast A show about communicating with clients, prospects and employees – in person, in print and online. Listen to this podcast if you CARE about communicating!
40) Danny Ivy Connect, Engage, Inspire Connect, Engage, Inspire is the channel that online entrepreneurs tune into to learn how to build an engaged audience that connects with their humanity, and drives their business to success. The show is tight, information packed, and always leaves listeners with actionable and implementable tips and takeaways on topics ranging from Digital, Internet, and Social Media Marketing, to Content and Inbound Marketing, to Email Copywriting and SEO, to Branding and Buzz, to Entrepreneurship and Business Management. The podcast is led by Danny Iny, the creator of Firepole Marketing and co-author (with Guy Kawasaki, Mitch Joel, Brian Clark, and many others) of the best-selling marketing book Engagement from Scratch! Firepole Marketing started in 2011, and in just the last few years has grown to a million dollar business that leads a movement of entrepreneurs on a mission to do something amazing for themselves, for their families, and for the world – and the Connect, Engage, Inspire podcast will help you to do the same.
41) Greg Hickman Mobile Marketing Made Easy Greg Hickman from MobileMixed.com shares no-hype mobile marketing strategies, actionable tips and tools to help you get started adding mobile marketing to your business to generate leads and sales. Discover how integrating mobile marketing will allow you to connect with your customers wherever they are. Greg has worked with fortune 500 brands, professional sports teams and tons of small businesses implementing mobile marketing programs that generate results. Whether it’s SMS and MMS mobile marketing, mobile websites, smartphone apps, location-based mobile marketing, QR codes, mobile SEO, mobile advertising, mobile search, podcasting, everything that works (and doesn’t work) to help you better understand mobile and leverage it to grow your own business.
42) Andrew Youderian eCommerce Fuel Looking for detailed information from top experts on researching, launching and growing your online eCommerce business? Look no further. Join your host Andrew Youderian, an experienced eCommerce entrepreneur, each week as he pulls aside some of the industry’s top experts to give you down to earth, actionable advice served up with a side of comic relief. Learn from the masters how to turn your ‘make money online’ attempt into a profitable, growing online store. Get show notes, in-depth eCommerce Fuel posts and your free copy of Andrew’s highly reviewed 55-page eCommerce guide at eCommercefuel.com.
43) Nick Westergaard On Brand On Brand is a podcast for brand builders, by brand builders hosted by Nick Westergaard of Brand Driven Digital. Each weekly episode features an in-depth interview with a branding thought leader or a practitioner from a notable brand. Our conversations focus on the art and science of branding today while including actionable insights and tips that listeners can implement right away. Most weeks we’ll also publish a short 5-minute Social Sound Bite with the latest social media and digital marketing news, trends, and tips. For show notes and more, please visit http://onbrandpodcast.com.
44) Rick Mulready Inside Social Media Rick Mulready from RickMulready.com discusses social media, social media marketing, content marketing and business marketing strategies, bringing you the latest tips and tricks in growing your business through digital marketing. Learn how the most successful brands in the world are using social media and how you can model their social marketing strategies for your own small business with little to no budget. Rick’s “Inside Social Media” podcast features heads of social media from the biggest brands in the world as well as the brightest influencers in the social media space. The discussions revolve around real world case studies, strategies, what works (and what doesn’t) and “how-to” social media and how you can model these insights for your own business growth. Among other digital marketing strategies, you’ll learn how to leverage social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Vine.
45) Jeff Sieh Manly Pinterest Tips The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast is a show created to help you succeed on Pinterest. If you have content and products you want your clients or customers to see, there is no social media platform like Pinterest. Join Jeff Sieh as he explores best practices, strategies, and demonstrations on this fast growing social network. With interviews with Power Pinners like Cynthia Sanchez, Peg Fitzpatrick, Rebekah Radice, and Guy Kawasaki, you’ll learn Pinterest techniques not found anywhere else. Find even more great Pinterest tips and videos at www.ManlyPinterestTips.com
46) Phoebe Chongchua The Brand Advantage Journalism Podcast The podcast that gives brands a competitive advantage. Interviews with thought leaders and business experts sharing success stories on branding, storytelling, marketing, social media, entrepreneurship, journalism, and strategies to grow your business. Learn from hearing what works and what doesn’t. Plus, how to save an ailing business and expert predictions to help you thrive in your market. Think Like A Journalist to Increase Your Bottom Line. See the show notes at TheBrandJournalismAdvantage.com
47) James Reynolds Traffic Jam Podcast Join James Reynolds and leading web traffic experts and learn how to get more website visitors and grow a profitable audience online. On each show James Reynolds grills his expert guests and gets them to reveal their very best traffic getting secrets. Topics covered on this hard hitting internet marketing show include; Twitter (Scott Stratten), Google Plus (Chris Brogan), Podcasting (Pat Flynn and John Lee Dumas), Content Marketing (Joe Pulizzi), You Tube video marketing (James Wedmore), Mark Schaefer (Twitter and Market Leadership), Facebook Advertising (Jennifer Sheahan), Andrew Warner (Media Buys). Tune in and learn how to get more traffic and make more sales.
48) Ryan Jenkins Next Generation Catalyst Ryan Jenkins from the Next Generation Catalyst Blog talks about how leaders can leverage today’s tools, trends, and talent to thrive tomorrow. A Next Generation Catalyst is a fresh aspect of our connected culture that sparks change and innovation. They can be as large as entire generations (aka Millennials or Generation Y) and as small as a to-do app on your smartphone. Discover the Next Generation Catalysts that will give you the needed leverage in this noisy and crowded economy to get your message heard, brand built or productivity soaring. Because of their sheer size and the digital age they grew up in, Millennials have become a critical mass of early adaptors that will forever change the way we work, lead and communicate. Join Ryan and guests as they equip you to successfully navigate through these changes to become an agile leader of change in this new economy.
49) David T.S. Wood Amplified Network Marketing Podcast David Wood is a renowned and respected Network Marketing / MLM expert who has personally trained over 3oo,ooo students on three continents. Known for his no-nonsense approach, authentic style and dramatic results, David is praised by his peers and student alike as one of the most knowledgeable, effective and fun trainer’s in the Network Marketing / Personal Development arena. As the host of very successful show, “The Kickass Life Podcast with David Wood”, which has over one million downloads in 200 counties, David has featured some of the most prominent Authors, Speakers, Financial Experts, Relationship Experts & Thought Leaders from around the world including close friends like Mike Dooley, Jack Canfield, Tim Ferris, Don Miguel Ruiz, Marci Schimoff, Lisa Nichols and John Assaraf. Amplified Network Marketing is NEW Podcast that showcases David’s 34 years of Business, Network Marketing and Financial experience. In the show, David shares his insights and interviews some of the most successful leaders, industry experts, up and comers and Network Marketing professionals who share their mistakes, wall kicking moments, personal insights, templates, systems and secrets to personal and financial success. This show is for anyone who is committed to being his or her own boss and building a successful home based business where they can fire their boss, escape the Rat Race and become a professional network marketer. The world has changed and experts like Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway), Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad), Donald Trump (The Apprentice), Jim Collins (Good to Great), Eric Worre (Go Pro), Paul Zane Pilzer (The Next Millionaire) all agree that Network Marketing is no longer a wave of the future it’s a wave of the present. Join David twice a week as he guides you on your journey to financial freedom and the life of your dreams. Connect with us on Facebook (http://fb.com/ampdNM), Twitter (@ampdNM) and on our site (http://ampdNM.com)
50) Kim Roach 10 Minute Marketing Show The 10-Minute Marketing Show is a podcast created for Entrepreneurs, Bloggers, and Future Business Owners who want to grow their business in just 10-minutes per day! Every episode will be rapid-fire. 10-minutes of actionable strategies that you can use to grow your business. Tune in every Monday and Wednesday as we inspire, motivate, and lead you to a life and business you love!
Did we miss any? Add who you think should have made the list in our comments section.
Want to see who made our other top lists? Check out the top 50 content marketers and top 50 social media influencers on Twitter!
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-312-922-2400from 8 AM - 5 PM CT