New Assignments on WaPo’s America Desk
The Washington Post made numerous changes to its America desk to start the new year.
- Jose A. DelReal will cover the rural-urban divide, including the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Agriculture Department. He previously covered politics.
- Mary Jordan will explore the widespread anger and underlying systemic factors that caused many to vote for radical change in Washington. Jordan was founding editor of Washington Post Live, and most recently reported on politics for the national desk.
- Janell Ross has taken on a new “emerging America” beat, which includes changing demographics and issues surrounding the evolving American identity. She has been a reporter for WaPo’s The Fix covering race, gender, immigration and inequality.
- Vanessa Williams will now cover gender issues, including women’s rights.
- Katie Zezima will focus on drugs, guns, gambling and vice, including drug policy, legalized marijuana, gun culture and other intersecting issues. She most recently was a politics reporter and joined the paper as a White House correspondent.
- William Wan now covers class issues after working as a roving national correspondent.
Follow The Washington Post on Twitter.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.