Additions at Mother Jones, Promotion at TODAY, CisionScoop at SELF and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tammy Filler has been promoted to executive producer at TODAY with Kathie Lee & Hoda. Filler had served as a co-executive producer at the show since 2013, and prior to that he was a senior producer there for five years.
- CisionScoop: SELF has tapped Casey Gueren as health director. Gueren comes to SELF from BuzzFeed, where she had been a senior health editor since 2014.
- Matthew Anderson has been named European culture editor for The New York Times; he will start in the new role in August and will be based in London. Anderson had previously served as the culture editor at the BBC and BBC Worldwide.
- CNN has named Scott McLean as the network’s Denver correspondent. McLean joined CNN in January 2016 as a national correspondent from CTV News. Before that he served as a reporter and anchor for Global News.
- ABC is launching a new online show titled Briefing Room. It will be digital-only and air live covering the White House press briefings and the latest political reporting.
- Mother Jones has made a number of additions to its editorial staff including:
- Jamilah King, who joins the magazine as a reporter covering race and justice. She was previously at Mic and Colorlines.
- Daniel Friedman as a reporter covering foreign influence and national security.
- Amanda Silverman, who will serve as senior news editor. She comes to MoJo from Foreign Policy, where she was story editor for two years, and had previously served as deputy editor at The New Republic.
- Julia Chan, who comes to the outlet as audience director.
- Ari Berman, who joins the outlet as senior reporter; he was previously with The Nation.
- Julia Heffelfinger has left Food & Wine. Heffelfinger had been an assistant food editor there since July 2015. Prior to that she served as an editorial assistant there for two years.
- David Von Drehle will join The Washington Post as a columnist on July 31; he will be covering America and politics. Von Drehle has served as an editor at large at TIME since 2007.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.