CisionScoops at Colbert, Cosmopolitan & POPSUGAR, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Anja Crowder joined The Late Show with Stephen Colbert as a talent booker focusing on politicians, newsmakers and authors. She comes from ABC News, where she worked as a segment producer for This Week with George Stephanopoulos.
- CisionScoop: Cosmopolitan brought on Women’s Health alum Ashley Oerman as wellness editor for both print and online. Oerman joined Women’s Health as an online editorial assistant in 2014, eventually working her way up to senior associate editor.
- CisionScoop: Kristina Rodulfo has been named beauty editor at POPSUGAR. Most recently, Rodulfo was an associate editor at ELLE.com, a freelancer at InStyle.com, and an associate editor at StyleBistro.
- Gizmodo hired two senior reporters covering consumer tech. Sam Rutherford, currently senior product reviews analyst at Tom’s Guide and Laptop Mag, joins July 26. Melanie Ehrenkranz joins July 31 from Mic, where she has covered tech news and Silicon Valley culture since last March. h/t Talking Biz News
- CisionScoop: The Seattle Times promoted Gina Cole to engagement editor, up from assistant digital editor. She joined the paper as associate news producer in 2014, and previously reported for the Skagit Valley Herald in Mount Vernon, Washington.
- Sports Illustrated rolled out a new vertical, SI Eats, covering the intersection of food and sports. It features contributions from SI senior writer Andy Staples, among others.
- W tapped Katie Grand as contributing fashion creative director. She continues in her role as editor in chief at Love, the British magazine she founded in 2009.
- Tim Kawakami joined The Athletic as editor in chief of its San Francisco edition, set to launch Aug. 1. He previously served as a sports columnist at the San Jose Mercury News since 2009. The Athletic is a subscription-based website launched by Jon Greenberg in Chicago last year.
- Andrea Drusch will join the Fort Worth Star-Telegram as a politics reporter based in McClatchy’s Washington bureau. Drusch has spent the last three years covering Congress for National Journal, and was previously a web producer at POLITICO.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.