CisionScoop at NYT Climate Desk, Hugh Hewitt Joins MSNBC Saturdays, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Lisa Friedman joined The New York Times, reporting for the paper’s climate desk from its Washington bureau. Friedman spent more than two years as editor of E&E News’ Climatewire, where she started as deputy editor in 2008. Before that, she was Washington bureau chief for the Los Angeles Daily News.
- Evan Lehmann replaced Friedman as editor of Climatewire, up from deputy editor. He joined E&E as a reporter in 2008 and previously reported for MediaNews Group.
- In turn, Robin Bravender was promoted to deputy editor. Bravender initially joined E&E News as a reporter 2008 before exiting for POLITICO in 2010. She rejoined the company in 2013.
- The Commercial Appeal officially tapped Mark Russell as its new executive editor. He was named to the position on an interim basis in May. Russell joined the paper as managing editor in 2013 and is the first African-American to lead its newsroom.
- Esquire.com brought on Nate Erickson as senior lifestyle editor. Erickson comes from Conde Nast’s Bon Appétit & Epicurious. He previously worked as a social media editor for Christian Louboutin, GQ, and Vanity Fair.
- Recent Northwestern grad Amanda Hermans started as associate editor of PRODUCTS and Professional Builder, replacing Michael Chamernik. Hermans previously interned for Modern Luxury and Backpacker Magazine.
- Joe Czerwinski was named managing editor at Robert Parker Wine Advocate, as well as a reviewer of wine regions in Southern France, Australia and New Zealand. Most recently, he worked in the same capacity at Wine Enthusiast.
- Lauren Buzzeo replaced Czerwinski as managing editor at Wine Enthusiast, in addition to her role as tasting director. She previously served as senior editor, and has been on staff at the magazine since 2006.
- MSNBC added conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt to its Saturday lineup as anchor of an 8 a.m. interview show. Hewitt’s radio program is nationally syndicated by Salem Radio Networks. He is also a contributing columnist at The Washington Post.
- Chuck Jaffe has taken the reigns as editor of Raging Bull, in addition to his hosting duties at Money Life podcast. Jaffe previously spent 14 years as a columnist at MarketWatch, and nearly a decade as a columnist at The Boston Globe before that. h/t Talking Biz News
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.