MSNBC Rolls Out The Beat, Moves at GMA, CNN & CBS, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- Ari Melber has taken over the 6 p.m. slot on MSNBC, replacing Greta Van Susteren. In addition to his new show, titled The Beat, Melber picked up a new role as a legal analyst for NBC News. He has worked in a similar capacity as chief legal analyst at MSNBC since 2015.
- Good Morning America brought on Roxanna Sherwood and Terry Hurlbutt as executive producer and general manager of digital, respectively. Sherwood has served as executive producer of Nightline since 2014. Hurlbutt has been in audience development at ABC for two years and previously worked in business development at YouTube.
- Katie Hinman moved to a new position at CNN as executive producer of special programming, based out of the Washington bureau. Melanie Buck Parks has replaced Hinman as executive producer of State of the Union with Jake Tapper. Both women have previously worked as producers on Tapper’s other CNN program, The Lead.
- Julia Love has been named Mexico correspondent at Reuters after two years as a technology correspondent in San Francisco. She primarily covers Mexican business and cross border trade. Before Reuters, Love covered Apple for the San Jose Mercury News.
- Host John Hockenberry will step down next month from WNYC‘s The Takeaway. Hockenberry started his career at NPR in 1980, and worked for both ABC News and NBC News before joining The Takeaway at its inception in 2007. Washington correspondent Todd Zwillich will serve as interim host until the station names a permanent replacement.
- CBS Entertainment parted ways with its head of drama development, Christina Davis. She held the position since 2009 and joined the division as an assistant in 1997.
- Talking Points Memo hired Cameron Joseph as senior political correspondent. He joins from the New York Daily News, where he was Washington bureau chief since last year. He has also reported for Mashable, The Hill and National Journal.
- Holly Gauntt starts July 31 as news director at Denver’s ABC affiliate, KMGH-TV. She has served as vice president of news and digital content at Denver’s KDVR-TV and KWGN-TV since 2014. Gauntt previously worked at stations in Seattle, Washington and Baltimore.
- Ash Bennington joined CoinDesk, a news website covering digital currency, as its first cryptocurrency markets lead. Bennington was previously editor in chief of Roubini EconoMonitor and a reporter for CNBC.
- Game Informer Magazine named Imran Khan West Coast news editor. He has written for Playboy and Paste Magazine.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.