WaPo Swaps Bureau Chiefs, AP Promotes Two Staffers and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- Ryan Lucas is joining NPR Aug. 14 as justice reporter. Lucas previously spent two years at CQ covering the intelligence beat and the current presidency. Before that, he spent ten years with The Associated Press as a reporter and editor covering the Middle East.
- CisionScoop: Health welcomes Sarah Klein as senior editor. Klein returns to Health from Prevention Magazine where she was a staff writer, and The HuffPost where she covered fitness and health as a senior editor. Prior to that, Klein worked at Health as an assistant editor.
- Joel Meares has been promoted to the newly created role of global editor in chief of Time Out. Meares has been with the outlet since 2015, and was previously the editor in chief for North America. He has also served as Time Out’s national content editor and editor for Time Out Sydney.
- Julie Steinberg has moved to the mergers and acquisitions reporting beat at The Wall Street Journal‘s Hong Kong bureau. Previously, she covered banking in Asia and general assignments for the paper.
- The Baltimore Sun Media Group plans to close the City Paper later this year. The Baltimore Sun Media Group acquired the paper in 2014 from Times-Shamrock Communications. No official close date has been set yet.
- Anthony McCartney has been named the West Coast entertainment and lifestyles editor for the Associated Press, after serving as the interim editor since April. McCartney replaces Steve Loeper, who retired in April. He previously covered the celebrity justice beat for the AP in Los Angeles.
- Additionally, the AP has named Raghuram Vadarevu news editor for digital storytelling, based in Phoenix. Vadarevu has been with The AP since 2006 in a number of roles including reporter, deputy enterprise editor and west enterprise editor. Before joining the wire, he was a reporter for several local newspapers.
- Robert Huschka has resigned from his position as executive editor of the Detroit Free Press. Huschka joined the Detroit Free Press in 1999 as the page director. He moved into the executive editor role in 2015, and initially joined the Press in 2012 as news editor.
- The Washington Post announced that Anna Fifield, currently the bureau chief in Tokyo, will become China bureau chief in the summer of 2018. Before coming to The Washington Post, Fifield was a Financial Times correspondent in Seoul, Tehran, Beirut and Washington.
- Simon Denyer, the current China bureau chief for The Washington Post, will become the Tokyo bureau chief in the summer of 2018. Denyer served as the India bureau chief for Reuters before joining The Washington Post.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.