CisionScoop at NY Daily News, LA Times Restructures, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Rebecca Baker is the new deputy head of news at the New York Daily News. She most recently served as deputy editor in chief of The New York Law Journal, where she was previously managing editor. Prior to that she was a staff writer at The Record in Bergen County, New Jersey.
- The Los Angeles Times announced several leadership changes
- Editor in chief and publisher Davan Maharaj has left the organization. He served in numerous positions since joining the staff in 1989, including managing editor, business editor, assistant foreign editor, and reporter.
- Stepping up to the role of publisher and CEO is Ross Levinsohn. Levinsohn previously worked in executive roles at Fox Interactive Media (overseeing MySpace, Fox Sports and Rotten Tomatoes), Yahoo and Guggenheim Digital Media (The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard and Adweek).
- Jim Kirk was named interim editor, following his recent appointment to senior vice president of strategic initiatives for tronc, the LA Times’ parent company. Kirk was previously editor and publisher at the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Larry Ingrassia, managing editor of new ventures, will retire in mid-September. He came to the paper in 2015 after serving as deputy managing editor of The New York Times.
- Managing editor Marc Duvoisin, deputy managing editor Megan Garvey, and assistant managing editor for investigations Matt Doig are no longer with the paper.
- Joining The Wall Street Journal as night editor on the digital desk is Michael P. Ventura. He previously served as managing editor of DNAInfo New York. His byline has also appeared in The Village Voice, Time Out New York and more. h/t Talking Biz News
- CNN has launched a show exclusive to Snapchat. The Update highlights top news stories and breaking news, streaming daily at 6 p.m. It will incorporate reporting and video from CNN anchors and correspondents around the world.
- NBC News also debuted a Snapchat-exclusive show, Stay Tuned. Co-hosted by NBC correspondents Savannah Sellers and Gadi Schwartz, the newscast runs twice a day during the week, and once a day on weekends.
- Kaitlin Monte has been promoted to evening anchor and reporter at KRIV-TV in Houston, replacing Melinda Spaulding. She began reporting for the station in July of last year covering general assignment news.
- In addition to her assigned beats of banking, city hall and finance, reporter Clare Duffy will cover sportswear for the Portland Business Journal while Matthew Kish is on fellowship at Columbia University. h/t Talking Biz News
- Cody Holyoke has moved from evening anchor at WRGB-TV in Albany, New York to KMBC-TV in Kansas City, Missouri. Holyoke previously reported for WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee and WSFA-TV in Montgomery, Alabama.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.