CisionScoops at HuffPost & Austin Way, HLN Adds Series, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: HuffPost said goodbye to Jessica Samakow, managing editor of its Voices section. She has moved to a new role at The Washington Post’s Brand Studio. Since joining HuffPost in 2010, Samakow helped launch the Parents vertical and worked her way up to senior editor, family and relationships before assuming her most recent position.
- CisionScoop: Mimi Faucett will replace Kathy Blackwell as editor in chief of Austin Way, effective Oct. 25. Faucett has freelanced since 2015 and previously worked for Luxe Interiors + Design, Traditional Home and HGTV Magazine. Blackwell left Austin Way to join Texas Monthly as executive editor earlier this month.
- E! has announced that Fashion Police will officially end its 22 year run on Nov. 27. The show featured red carpet coverage and commentary from the late comedian Joan Rivers until her death in 2014, and has continued as a series of specials hosted by Rivers’ daughter Melissa. The farewell special will include panelists Giuliana Rancic, Brad Goreski, NeNe Leakes and Margaret Cho, as well as highlights from Joan Rivers’ longtime run as host.
- CNN morning anchor Chris Cuomo has been tapped to host a new, five-part documentary series for sister-network HLN. Inside with Chris Cuomo will explore hot-button issues affecting everyday Americans, including opioid addiction, illegal immigration and the sex trade. Production has already begun on a second season.
- Mathew Ingram will join Columbia Journalism Review as chief digital writer on Nov. 1, primarily covering the future of media. Ingram was most recently a senior writer at Fortune, and has also been on staff at GigaOM, The Globe and Mail, and Financial Times of Canada.
- The Washington Post shifted Abha Bhattarai from the business beat to specialize in retail. Bhattarai joined the paper in 2010 and has covered local retail, banking and hospitality. She was previously a reporting fellow at The New York Times.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.