CisionScoops at NYMag.com & American Banker, New Show on Fusion, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Jason Chen was upped to deputy editor of New York Online‘s The Strategist vertical. He most recently served as a senior editor. Chen previously worked on staff at Departures and Details, and has also freelanced for Billboard, BusinessWeek and GQ.
- CisionScoop: American Banker named Suleman Din its new technology editor. He will continue to manage Financial Planning’s Reinvent Wealth. Previously, Suleman was a contributing editor for Wharton Business School and an assistant professor at The American University in Cairo, Egypt.
- Car vs. America has debuted on Fusion, hosted by Jalopnik’s Michael Ballaban and Raphael Orlove. Ballaban also serves as executive producer. Car vs. America is Gizmodo Media Group’s first television show on Fusion; both entities are owned by Univision Communications.
- Nicholas Carlson is now chief content officer and global editor in chief of Business Insider Inc. He replaces co-founder Henry Blodget, who has taken on a new title as editorial director. Since joining BI in 2008, Carlson has worked as an investigative journalist, chief correspondent and editor of the site’s lifestyle brand, INSIDER.
- Michelle Ye Hee Lee has taken on a new role at The Washington Post and joined its political enterprise and investigations team covering money in politics. She was most recently a blogger for the paper’s FactChecker blog since 2014.
- USA Today executive editor Beryl Love will move to the Cincinnati Enquirer in the same capacity and will additionally serve as regional editor for the USA TODAY Network’s Ohio region, effective January 2018. Love replaces Peter Bhatia, who left the paper in September to become executive editor of the Detroit Free Press, also part of the USA TODAY Network.
- Seattle’s KIRO-TV said goodbye to longtime morning anchor Jeff Dubois. He had been with the station since 2004, and was previously an anchor and reporter for KHQ-TV in Spokane, Washington.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.