CisionScoops at NPR & Glamour, Additions at WaPo & AARP The Magazine, DNAinfo/Gothamist Shut Down, and More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Kelsey Snell has joined NPR as a congressional reporter and will focus on budget, fiscal policy, federal spending, and tax reform. Snell was previously a congressional reporter for The Washington Post.
- CisionScoop: Erin Reimel has left Glamour to pursue freelancing opportunities. She was a beauty assistant and has written for for Bustle, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen and xoVain.com
- DNAinfo and Gothamist are no more. The sites and their affiliates, which included Gothamist, Chicagoist, SFist, DCist, DNAinfo and DNAinfo Chicago, were shut down on November 2. Former CEO, Joe Ricketts, cited in a statement that financial reasons prompted the discontinuation of the outlets.
- Hala Gorani is now the anchor of Hala Gorani Tonight on CNN International covering the news of the day. The show takes over The World Right Now, which Gorani anchored for three years.
- On Nov. 13, Anton Troianovski will begin overseeing the Moscow bureau of The Washington Post as bureau chief. Prior to relocating to Moscow, Troianovski served as a Beriln-based reporter covering German politics and economics for The Wall Street Journal.
- AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin welcome George Mannes as the new senior editor overseeing personal coverage. He was previously a senior editor for Money. h/t Talking Biz News
- Emma Bazilian has been named senior articles editor for the Hearst Design Group, which includes Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Veranda and Metropolitan Home. She had been most recently a features editor for Adweek.
- Alina Falcon has been promoted to senior vice president of daytime programming at Telemundo. Falcon had overseen FIFA World Cup programming, and news and alternative programming for the Spanish-language network.
- Cision Blog regrets to inform its readers that Frank Barron has passed away. Barron had served as editor for The Hollywood Reporter during the 1960s and 1970s, and was a prominent member of the Television Critics Association. He had most recently worked as a TV staff writer for Entertainment Today.
- Food Republic launches a daily podcast, Food Public Today. Hosts Richard Martin and Krista Ruane will provide news and features on happenings in the culinary world, highlight notable figures, and dish out restaurant recommendations.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.