CisionScoops at WIRED and Bustle, Promotions at the Chicago Sun-Times, Additions at The New York Times, Plus More Media Updates
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop : WIRED welcomes Jeffrey Van Camp as a senior writer, covering product reviews and guides. He was previously the deputy managing editor for Digital Trends.
- CisionScoop : Samantha Rollins has now joined Bustle as the TV editor. She was previously Vulture’s news editor.
- The interim editor in chief of the Chicago Sun-Times, Chris Fusco, has taken over the role of editor in chief full time. He was most recently the managing editor there and previously served as a reporter.
- New York Times has launched a new video series entitled Internetting with Amanda Hess. Amanda was previously a staff writer for Slate.
- Allison Klein is now the lead blogger at Inspired Life, of the Washington Post, covering various social issues through inspiring human interest stories. She was previously a freelance health writer for US News & World Report.
- A number of staff changes at TIME, including:
- The previous director of photography, Kira Pollack, has been named deputy editor.
- Kelly Conniff being named editor of Time.com. She was previously an assistant managing editor.
- The previous assistant managing editor, Dan Macsai, being promoted to editorial director.
- Mia Tramz being named special projects editor, after serving as a senior multimedia editor.
- The hiring of a new national security correspondent in W.J. Hennigan. He was previously the Pentagon correspondent for the LA Times.
- Maria Alesia Sosa is a new digital journalist at WLTV-TV in Miami. She had most recently been the editor of HispanoPost.
- The Milwaukee Business Journal adds a new manufacturing and travel reporter, Patrick Leahy. He was a reporter for the Journal Times since 2015.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.