Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Brides Magazine has promoted Kate Donovan and Roberta Correia to style director and deputy digital director, respectively. Donovan has served as the senior wedding style editor for the past two years. She was also market editor and associate market editor for InStyle Magazine. Correia had served as the outlet’s digital editor since 2015 and previously for Rebecca Minkoff as senior editor in 2015.
- After after serving as an editor of CFO Journal for four years, Kimberly S. Johnson will now be the professional products editor for The Wall Street Journal, and handle a number of verticals including CMO Today, CFO Journal, and CIO Journal, among others. She has been editing for WSJ since 2014. h/t Talking Biz News
- The Washington Post‘s Middle East editor Tiffany Harness has been named deputy national security editor, starting early Dec. 2017. She brings a deep knowledge of foreign affairs to the position; her career with the Post began at the foreign desk in 2001.
- PBS Newshour has the following updates:
- Yamiche Alcindor will join PBS NewsHour as the White House correspondent on January 16, also covering congress and the federal government. She is currently with the New York Times, where she has reported on topics like national politics and congress since 2015.
- The new national correspondent for PBS Newshour is John Yang and is based in Washington. He has been with PBS since February of 2016, serving as a general assignment correspondent.
- The Chicago Tribune says farewell to Chris Hine, who has covered the Blackhawks as well as served as copy editor since 2009. He will be leaving the paper at the end of 2017 and is joining the Minneapolis Star Tribune as a sports analytics & enterprise writer.
- Aaron Tilley is joining The Information as a reporter responsible for news regarding tech hardware, artificial intelligence and everything Apple. He began Dec. 4 after a working with Forbes for over four years. h/t Talking Biz News
- Veteran reporter Arlene Satchell will end her ten year run reporting for The South Florida Sun Sentinel covering business news. She also covered airlines, cruise lines, tourism and hotels for the paper, as well as retail and marine industry previously in her career.
h/t Talking Biz News
- KVUE-TV also says farewell to reporter, Tina Shively, who reported in for her last day in early November. She reported out of Austin Texas for four and a half years, and has taken on a new challenge in the PR industry.
- Carlos Montero will be saying goodbye to CNN en Español. He co-hosted the Spanish-speaking morning show Café CNN for two decades.