CisionScoops at Debtwire and NPR, Changes at NBC TODAY, Farewell at Crain’s New York Business, Addition at WPXI-TV.
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Debtwire welcomes their newest reporter, Farhin Lilywala. She will be covering distressed companies, on the bonds side.
- CisionScoop: After two years at PRI as a senior editor, Alex Leff is joining NPR. He began his new role as the as international digital editor in December, and has also previously served as a senior editor and Americas editor at the Global Post.
- Hoda Kotb has been chosen as Matt Lauer’s replacement at NBC’s Today. She has been a host for Sirius XM since 2015, and has worked been a co-anchor from Today’s fourth hour and a Dateline correspondent since 2007.
- Crain’s New York Business says their farewells to web producer Peter D’Amato. He held the role for over two years, previously serving as an online reporter for MailOnline. He is now a developer at Hechinger Report.
- Pittsburgh’s WPXI-TV has named Erin Clarke as a new general assignment reporter. Clarke previously reported on the Bronx for NY1 News, and YNN.
- Paige Carlotti will no longer be serving as the social media editor of Men’s Health, where she managed every aspect of the magazine’s social media presence since April of 2016. Carlotti had previously served on the production side for just under a year.
- The Triad Business Journal hired Luke Bollinger, starting Jan 2. He will cover economic development, as well as manufacturing and aviation industry employment. h/t Talking Biz News
- Fox News Channel has parted ways with chief Washington correspondent James Rosen. He had been with the organization since 1999, and took the role of chief Washington correspondent in 2011.
- Dan Burnside has been appointed as the Hudson Valley Magazine publisher. Burnside had spent the last 15 years with The Blue Book Building and Construction Network, and will now oversee the sales and marketing teams for Hudson Valley Magazine. Ralph Martinelli will now be overseeing Hudson Valley Magazine and it’s affiliate magazines, including Westchester Magazine, Westchester Home, 914Inc as well as Westchester/Hudson Valley Weddings as group publisher. He has been with Today media since 2000.
- GQ has said goodbye to their executive editor, Devin Gordon. Before serving as executive editor, he was the senior articles editor, and had worked for Newsweek as a reporter, and senior editor of the Periscope department.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.