CisionScoops at Parents & Washington Examiner, Farewell at Forbes, Additions at NBC News & Chicago Magazine
Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Melissa Bykofsky has joined Parents magazine as digital senior editor. Bykofsky was with Parents before as a senior editor, but she comes to the magazine this time from Redbook, where she was also senior editor. She has previously held positions at Marie Claire and O magazine.
- CisionScoop: The Washington Examiner welcomes a new business editor, James Langford. Langford comes from TheStreet.com, where he was a banking and finance editor. Prior to that, he was the digital media director for Lawdragon.com, as well as the Bloomberg News industry and aerospace editor.
- Clare O’Connor, a staff writer with Forbes for the past seven years, announced that she is no longer with the magazine. During her time at Forbes, O’Connor covered women entrepreneurs and workplace equality. O’Connor is set to start in a new position this month, but has not yet disclosed where. h/t Talking Biz News
- HuffPost global editorial director Howard Fineman has left the publication, and will be joining NBC News as a contributing writer covering politics and Washington. He has been with the HuffPost since 2010, where he started as the senior politics editor of the Washington bureau. Fineman has also worked at Newsweek, CNN and PBS.
- The New York Times Washington bureau has moved night editor Lara Jakes to deputy editor, where she will be covering foreign policy. Before coming to the NYT, Jakes was deputy managing editor for Foreign Policy magazine, as well as a reporter covering national security for the Associated Press.
- Cision Blog regrets to inform its readers that longtime WGCL-TV Atlanta news anchor, Amanda Davis has passed away. Davis had been an anchor in Atlanta for more than 25 years for the WGCL-TV morning and noon shows. Prior to that, she was a reporter and anchor for WAGA-TV and WSB-TV.
- Culture editor Tal Rosenberg is leaving the Chicago Reader to join Chicago magazine as a senior editor starting Jan. 16. Rosenberg began his time at the Chicago Reader in 2011, where he started as digital content editor. Before that, he was a staff writer at the Village Voice and Stylus Magazine.
- The Tennessean says goodbye to healthcare industry reporter Holly Fletcher. Fletcher had been with the newspaper since 2014 after joining from Power Finance & Risk as managing editor. She has not announced a new position yet.
- Chief consumer investigator Andy Wise has left WMC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Memphis,Tennessee. Wise had been with the station since 2008. Prior to that, he was a reporter with WBLT-TV.
- WVLT-TV and WBXX-TV, the CBS and WB affiliates in Knoxville, Tennessee, have promoted veteran broadcaster Jasmine Hardin to general manager. Hardin has been with WLTV-TV since 2006, where she started as national sales manager. She has also held positions as vice president of sales and station manager.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.