Cision Celebrates a Golden Night at the 2018 AMEC Awards
It was a golden night for Cision at last night’s AMEC Awards, as its companies took home a combined 12 prizes, including four Gold awards.
Cision achieved a sweep of the Best Measurement of a Consumer Campaign and Best Use of a Measurement Framework, winning Gold, Silver and Bronze awards in the categories for its work with Slimming World, Kellogg’s, Gumtree and Mischief PR.
Its work on Slimming World’s New Year Campaign also secured a Gold Award for Best Use of Integrated Communication Measurement/Research, while PRIME Research — acquired by Cision — was awarded Gold in the Plain English Award for simplicity in campaign effectiveness measurement and reporting for its work on McDonald’s International McDelivery Rollout.
PRIME’s work with Airbus on its Using Insights to Navigate Through Difficulties project earned it two Silver gongs, while Cision’s work with Bulletin Intelligence’s AccuReach Data Science Project earned a Bronze.
Abe Smith, president, EMIA, Cision, said, “it has never been more important for communicators to be able to demonstrate the value of their work. At Cision, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with the measurement and insights to show ROI on their campaigns and I am ecstatic that the AMEC Awards panel has recognized the fantastic analysis we have produced for our clients. Our collection of awards is a real cause for celebration and recognizes the great work produced by the insight teams at both Cision and PRIME.”
Jenny Caven, head of external relations for Slimming World, added, “working with Cision to implement the Integrated Evaluation Framework was a watershed moment for us. It has enabled us to focus on what really matters: understanding how our earned media strategy is maximizing the quality of media exposure across multiple channels and how this is changing audience perception and contributing to growing membership.
“I’m delighted to have been able to share our measurement journey with the audience at this year’s AMEC summit in Barcelona. Going on to win further AMEC awards for the second year in a row in 2018 demonstrates that the continued work with Cision in our use and implementation of the Framework is recognized.”
(l-r) Cision’s Spenser Cullum, Viktoriya Trifonova and Grace Potter
The full list of Cision and PRIME Research award wins is as follows:
- Best Measurement of a Consumer Campaign – Gold for Slimming World’s New Year Campaign, Silver for Gumtree and Bronze for Kellogg’s: Better Starts
- Best Use of Integrated Communication Measurement/Research – Gold for Slimming World’s New Year Campaign and Bronze for Gumtree
- Best Use of a Measurement Framework – Gold for Kellogg’s: Better Starts, Silver with Mischief PR for This Girl Can: A triumphant ‘second album’ and Bronze for Slimming World’s New Year Campaign
- Plain English Award for simplicity in campaign effectiveness measurement and reporting – Gold for McDonald’s International McDelivery Rollout
- Innovation Award for new measurement methodologies – Bronze for Bulletin Intelligence AccuReach Data Science Project
- Best Measurement of a Business to Business Campaign – Silver for Airbus: Using Insights to Navigate Through Difficulties
- Best Multi-Market reporting – Silver for Airbus: Using Insights to Navigate Through Difficulties
The AMEC Awards is the largest awards scheme of its type for communications measurement and insights and concludes the annual AMEC summit.
A full list of winners can be found here.
About Alister Houghton
Alister writes about the PR and comms industry as content marketing manager at Cision. Send case studies, press releases and story pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.