Media Moves at NYT & LA Times, Two Reporters Join Pensions & Investments
Jorge Arangure Jr. has joined The New York Times as senior night editor on the Metro desk, effective Oct. 29. He will help oversee the relaunch of New York Today. Arangure spent the majority of his writing career at The Washington Post and ESPN. He was also an editor of the now-defunct The Village Voice, handling pieces on transportation, education, housing, the judicial system and health care.
The Los Angeles Times has welcomed Peter Meehan as a contributing food editor. He will split his time between Los Angeles and New York, where he co-founded and edited the award-winning quarterly magazine Lucky Peach. He also wrote the $25 & Under column for The New York Times in the mid-2000s and has since authored numerous cookbooks.
Pensions & Investments has hired two new reporters, both located at the magazine's New York City bureau:
- Danielle Walker joins the staff as senior reporter covering money management. She comes from FundFire, where she spent the last three years as a reporter.
- Margarida Correia joins the bureau as a reporter covering the defined contribution market. She was previously an associate editor for Employee Benefit News/Employee Benefit Adviser, and before that worked for Bank Investment Consultant as an associate editor.
- Linah Mohammad will join The Post as the assistant producer for “Post Reports,” effective Nov. 5. She was most recently at NPR’s “All Things Considered,” where she distinguished herself by finding unique voices from Syria and throughout the Middle East, in some cases serving as both interpreter and interviewer.
- Matt Collette has been named senior producer for the podcast. He comes from WNYC Studios where he most recently was producer of the breakout podcast “Nancy,” which uses narrative journalism to tell LGBT stories.
- Alexis Diao joins the staff as producer. She was previously with NPR, where she has been an audio producer and editor in many parts of the organization, as well as an online editor at npr.org.
- Reena Flores has been added as a producer. She joins The Post from Politico, where she produced the “Women Rule” podcast and Politico’s live podcast tapings. Before that, she was a political reporter and producer at CBS News and Atlantic Media’s National Journal.
- Maggie Penman has been named producer. Most recently, she was a reporter in Boston at WGBH News, and before that she worked on NPR’s flagship show “Morning Edition,” reported on breaking news, and helped launch the popular social science podcast “Hidden Brain.”
- Jordan-Marie Smith joins as associate producer. She comes from McClatchy’s Washington bureau where she worked in several podcasts, including “Beyond the Bubble” and “Majority Minority.”
After almost five years with Business Insider, Kevin Loria has left the publication and joined Consumer Reports as a science journalist covering health. Loria covered health and science for BI and had been on staff since 2014. Before that he served as multimedia producer at WNET, and prior to that worked for Conde Nast Traveler as a web producer.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.