Last week, we released the State of the Media 2016 Report, which used a survey of over 300 journalists and Cision’s own media experts to provide insights into how to build better relationships with the media and earn more coverage.
The infographic, inspired by the results, shows some of the highlights of the report, including the top trends in journalism, a look at how reporters use social and what skills communicators need to improve.
Update your communication strategy with key findings, including:
- Social media has become an even greater source for content creation and curation thanks to new social tools for journalists
- More than half of journalists use social to source stories
- Two-thirds of journalists rate press releases as one of the most important PR resources
The infographic also includes a timeline of 2015’s major media events that have shaped the industry, including:
- Buzzfeed, BBC and other outlets beginning to publish through Facebook
- Periscope launching to join the ranks of Meerkat and Stream
- The Associated Press forming a “Branded Content” department.
For a taste of what’s in the report, check out our infographic below or download the 2016 version for free now!
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
Subscribe to the Cision Blog
Don't miss an article!